INFERENTIAL (Answers to inferential questions are found between the lines and can only be decided by searching for clues and inferring their meaning.)
What makes you think that?
What do you think?
What words give you that impression?
Can you explain why….?
I’m not sure what I think about ….. I wonder what the writer intended?
I wonder why the writer has decided to …..
EVALUATIVE (Answers to evaluative questions are beyond the lines, requiring the reader to draw on personal knowledge.)
How do you feel about…..?
Do you agree with …’s opinion?
Do you like the bit where……?
I wonder why…..?
Is there anything that puzzles you?
What makes you think that?
What do you think?
What words give you that impression?
Can you explain why….?
I’m not sure what I think about ….. I wonder what the writer intended?
I wonder why the writer has decided to …..
EVALUATIVE (Answers to evaluative questions are beyond the lines, requiring the reader to draw on personal knowledge.)
How do you feel about…..?
Do you agree with …’s opinion?
Do you like the bit where……?
I wonder why…..?
Is there anything that puzzles you?